RAFTING MISAHUALLI RIVER
About this activity
Río Misahuallí, usually addressed as the “Misahuallí River Experience”, is one of the most challenging rafting trips presently offered in Ecuador. It has some big class IV rapids, set in a deep and majestic canyon with virgin jungles all around it. The trip involves tackling a challenging gorge filled with back to back class IV rapids, portaging the rafts around a spectacular 30-foot waterfall and subsequently running the single biggest rapid commonly rafted in all of Ecuador called «the Land of the Giants».
It is ideal for people that like action, adrenaline and adventure all in one day. All participants must have previous experience and skills in white-water rafting. It is an outstanding 1-day trip for people in good physical shape.
09:00 am The tour starts in Tena at the meeting point, or hotel pic
09:15 am Afterward we continue the journey, with a 15 minutes car ride to the River. Before we begin the guides will give a safety talk and all the rafting instructions.
10:00 am We tart to fallow the flow of the pristine river.
12:00 am. River-side lunch it’s Always a surprise.
13: 00 pm. Back to the boats and continue the Adventure along the water.
15:00 pm. The river experience will end in the village of Pto. Misahualli; from there we will make the 40 minutes return trip to Tena by car.
The rate includes:
- Transportation to the place to perform the activitie.
- Purified water.
- snacks or box lunch.
- Bilingual specialized guide.
- necessary equipment for each activity.
- safety kayaker.
The rate does not include:
- Personal expenses, alcoholic or bottled drinks, extra consumption, tips.
- service not previously specified.
What to wear:
- River shoes, tennis shoes or sandals, not flipflops.
- River clothing
- Caps, Sun glasses If you wear, please something to tiedown.
- Mosquito repellent and sun block
- Day-pack with extra changes and towel.
- River Class: IV+
- Duration: one day out / approx. 6/7 hours
- Season: Year-round. Best from October through April, daytime temperatures are generally warm and perfect for river trips.
- Distance: 15 miles / 27 Km
- Price: US$ 85,00 per person; minimum 3 Pax
- Includes: Qualified guides, all the equipment necessary for the activity, safety kayaker, transport, river side lunch