JATUN YACU FULL DAY
About this activity
«Jatun Yaku» translates to » Great River» or «Rio Grande» in the native Kichwa language. The indigenous Amazonian tribes have been boating and fishing on the Jatun Yaku for centuries and they continue to use the river today for food, recreation, explorations and adventure.
This is the perfect way for beginners to learn the skills and feel the thrills of great River with higth waves on white-water rafting or inflatable kayaks. The river is wide and open and the fun begins right away, as rafters hit large, quick waves interspersed with calm pools. Also, the more advanced rafters will love getting to know a river with BIG WAVES whilst enjoying the great landscape of the Napo Valley.
Beaches, waterfalls and lush green vegetation make the Jatun YaKu a tropical paradise. The calm sections allow the opportunity to kick back and soak in the Selva Verde rain forest scenery. Since there are no inhabitants in the upper regions of the Jatun YaKu, the river is exceptionally clean.
09:00am.- The tour starts in Tena at the meeting point, or hotel pic
09:15 am.- Afterward we continue the journey, with a 45 minutes car ride to the river. Before we begin the
guides will give a safety talk and all the rafting instructions.
10:30 am.- we start to fallow the flow of the Great River, (Gran Rio) or Jatun Yaku.
11:00 am. – will stops to enjoy one of the first tributary along the river.
12.- 00 am. –River-side lunch it’s Always a surprise.
13.- 00 pm.- back to the boats and continue the Adventure along the water.
15: 00 pm.- The river experience will end in the small village of Puerto Napo;
from there we will make the ten minutes return trip to Tena by car.
The rate includes:
- Transportation to
the place to perform the activitie.
- Purified water.
- Snacks or box lunch.
- Necessary equipment
for each activity.
- Safety kayaker.
The rate does not include:
- Personal expenses, alcoholic or bottled drinks, extra consumption, tips.
- service not previously specified.
What to wear
- River shoes, tennis shoes or sandals, not flipflops.
- River clothing
- Sun glasses If you wear, please something to tiedown.
- Mosquito repellent and sun block
- Day-pack with extra changes and towel.
- River Class: III+
- Duration: one day out / approx. 5/6 hours
- Season: Year-round. The daytime temperatures are generally warm and perfect for river trips.
- Distance: 15 miles / 25 Km
- Price: US$ 65,00 per person; minimum 2 Pax
- Includes: Qualified guides, all the equipment necessary for the activity, safety kayaker, transport, river side lunch